- Contact Us
The Homelessness Task Force is a Special Ministry Team established by a Strategic Planning Team that focusses on supporting programs that address the Homelessness crisis. The programs we are supporting include:
- Home Warming/Rapid Rehousing by Abode Services
We sponsor clients who are being moved out of homelessness into their new home. Donations are collected to provide clients much needed household items when they move into their new home.
- Clean Start Mobile Hygiene Unit by the City of Fremont
We host the moblie hygiene unit on Wednesday and Friday afternoons from 1 to 4. This unit provides showers and laundry service for our clients.
- Little Free Pantry providing food and hygiene items for our unhoused neighbors. The pantry is located near the Church main entrance and is stocked regularly. Click here for information on what to donate and how to support this program
- Ancillary Services by various volunteers*
Thanks to our supporters who come out to provide services such as hair cuts, clothes mending, sidewalk talk, etc. Also thanks to those who bring much needed donations to distribute to our clients.
The pandemic has made it difficult for the Task Force to respond to homelessness issues in person. However, we have come up with alternative approaches to helping our vulnerable neighbors. In an effort to help people at risk of falling into homelessness, we have identified some preventative measures that we can assist, including those who are food insecure as well as those who are economically at risk of losing shelter.
The programs we want to support during the 2020-2021 Winter season are:
* Due to the pandemic, we have had to suspend ancillary services.