- Contact Us
It is that time of the year where we gear up for our big fund-raising event – The Flea Market! Last year our church netted $9,000 for the month of August.
Sunday, August 25, is the date for the 55th Annual Niles Antique Faire and Flea Market. On that day, Downtown Niles is closed to traffic, antique and food booths are set up, and hordes of people descend on Niles. We even sell parking spaces in our lot! Niles Discovery Church has a big Flea Market right here in our own building the same time. To prepare, our congregation and friends clean out closets, garages, and storage places, in order to donate used but good items to the church. These wonderful treasures are priced, displayed, and sold in Fellowship Hall during the month of August. You will have plenty of opportunities to shop before the actual flea market takes place.
We rely on your donations arriving EARLY so that members of the church, who are our own best customers, can shop and buy! Our doors open for your precious donations on Wednesday, July 24. This year it is especially important to bring things early because we have a shorter selling time than usual. The flea market team appreciates your donations. However, please be sure your donation is clean, usable, and not torn, stained, broken, chipped, dirty, or unpolished. You may bring things to church on Sundays, weekdays from 10 to 2, whenever office staff is in the church, or call Alta Jo Adamson, (510) 713-1333, and she will arrange to open the church.
- Children’s Toys, Games (with all the pieces), and Small Furniture
- Hats, Purses, and Shoes
- Musical Instruments
- China and Glassware
- Antiques, Collectables, and Knickknacks
- Holiday Decorations
- Linens and Blankets
- Working Small Appliances
- Patio Accessories
- Office Supplies
- Chairs, Desks, and Other Small Furniture
- Exercise Equipment and Sporting Goods
- No Sofas and other large, heavy furniture (without prior permission)
- No drapes or drapery rods
- No sinks and toilets
- No old microwaves, TVs, or obsolete electronics
- No heavy old sports equipment
- No clothing
- No broken or obsolete tools
- No old travel books or obsolete manuals
Considerations for Book Donations
- BRING: novels of mystery, romance, history, adventure, family, science fiction and so much more.
- BRING: nonfiction of all types.
- BRING: Children’s books in good condition.
- BRING: both hardcover and paperback books.
- DO NOT BRING: pamphlets, any instructions for using technology, especially for computers; comics or coloring books; and torn, worn, or stained books.
As soon as donations are received, we will begin pricing, displaying, and selling, even though the Big Flea Market sale dates are the 4th Saturday and Sunday in August.
This endeavor has a lot of moving parts and we need volunteers to help us make this a blessed event. Where can you help and get some Fellowship too? Why every day in August, we need volunteers for everything! Would you like to help price and unpack merchandise? Do you have a truck or van to help haul items to the church? On weekdays, volunteers are needed to hang around and sell, sell, sell. If you are interested in helping, please contact Carrie Williams
When it is time for the official Flea Market weekend (August 24 and 25), we will be staffed by church volunteers in two-hour increments throughout the day. These hours are especially important to fill. Generally speaking, everyone rolls up their sleeves, pitches in, and it is loads of fun! Hope to see you this summer.